| On August 29, 1882, Cynthia Attaway
and H.T. Lyles deeded 4 acres of land to the Pine Hill Methodist Church
for $16. The church was built by 1886. In 1897, the Pine Hill
Methodist Episcopal Church was dismantled and moved to Blanchard where
it was rebuilt. When the church relocated, the name was changed to
Blanchard. In 1937, that building was taken down and a new church
built under the leadership of Rev. D.L. Dykes. A parsonage was built
next door at the end of the 1940s. An education building was constructed
in the mid 1950s.
A new parsonage was built in
1964 under Rev. Harold McClungs leadership. A new brick +sanctuary
was constructed five years leader under the leadership of Rev. Frank Stage.
At the beginning of the 21st
after three years of study
the Blanchard church decided to
be discontinued and to be the nucleus for the organization of a new church.
Rev. Brian Yeich was appointed to organize the Northpoint United Methodist
Church. The Blanchard church property was sold and the new congregation
began to meet at the Donnie Bickham Middle School. A church is planned
for a 17-acre site on Hwy 1.